Join the team
- Flexible career options
- Work/life balance
- 19AB/10 year moratorium doctors able to work in Metro areas
For many National Home Doctors, it is the flexibility and independence of medical deputising that makes it such an appealing career option. There are many pathways to choose within the service, from visiting a few patients on your way home from your other job, to making it a full time career and becoming a Medical Director.
Meeting a real need in the community
• After hours care for the community’s most vulnerable
• Bulk billed* service
• Reducing pressure on the hospital Emergency Departments
• Supporting GPs after hours with continuity of care for their patients
This year, our 400 doctors will treat the most vulnerable patients in our society, providing the highest quality care in the after hours for acute, episodic illness and injury.
We are accountable for our service to the community and with you on our team, you’ll be helping some of the most vulnerable patients in our society, with our bulk billed* service accessible to everyone.
* if eligible for Medicare rebates
“I love it, it’s flexible and it suits my lifestyle perfectly. It’s a good experience as I’m going to be a GP anyway, it leaves me free to study and prepare for exams during the daytime - and it’s well paid,” Dr Vishu Konda MBBS